Abstract submission deadline extended to 22 January 2023
Fifth Globalex Workshop on Lexicography and Neology, 2023
GWLN-5 @ ASIALEX 2023, Seoul
Main theme: Unregistered Words
GWLN-5 – the fifth edition of Globalex Workshop on Lexicography and Neology (GWLN) – will be held in conjunction with the 16th International Conference of the Asian Association for Lexicography, Asialex 2023, at Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea on June 23, 2023.
The aim of the GWLN series is to bring together cross-world views concerning the detection, classification, description and evaluation methods of neologisms with their lexicographic processing and representation for different languages. GWLN takes place annually, with support of the Global Alliance for Lexicography (Globalex), alternating in conjunction with the international conferences of the continental associations for lexicography.
The main theme of GWLN-5 is unregistered words, i.e., lexical items not registered in dictionaries, including – but not limited to – words and expressions found in speech corpora, social media, hate speech, poetry, etc., or simply non-standard words or newly coined terminology. In addition, other papers discussing any pertinent issue related to neologisms – including new words, new multiword units, new elements of word formation, and new meanings of any of these – in the context of lexicography and dictionaries are also welcome.
All the submissions must highlight the connection between neology and lexicography and will be peer-reviewed by two members of the Review Committee. The workshop proceedings will be published as a special issue of Lexicography. Journal of Asialex (Issue 10.2, December 2023).
Abstracts including 300-500 words should be submitted to https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=gwln5.
22.1.2023deadline for abstract submission
10.2.2023notification of acceptance or rejection
24.2.2023deadline for submission of revised abstract, if relevant
10.3.2023final notification of acceptance or rejection (to the workshop)
23.6.20235th Globalex Workshop on Lexicography and Neology, Seoul
19.5.2023submission of full paper
16.6.2023notification of acceptance or rejection
25.8.2023submission of camera-ready copy
- • Andreína Adelstein, Universidad Nacional de General Sarmiento, Argentina
- • Ieda Maria Alves, University of São Paulo, Brazil
- • Elisenda Bernal, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Spain
- • Pedro Bueno, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Spain
- • Anastasia Christofidou, University of Athens, Greece
- • Magdalena Coll, Universidad de la República, Uruguay
- • Paul Cook, University of New Brunswick, Canada
- • Rute Costa, Universidade NOVA de Lisboa, Portugal
- • Victoria de los Ángeles Boschiroli, Universidad Nacional de General Sarmiento, Argentina
- • Gilles-Maurice de Schryver, Ghent University, Belgium and University of Pretoria, South Africa
- • Thierry Fontenelle, European Investment Bank, Luxembourg
- • Judit Freixa Aymerich, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Spain
- • Yongwei Gao, Fudan University, China
- • Hae-Yun Jung, Kyungpook National University, South Korea
- • Jelena Kallas, Estonian Language Institute, Estonia
- • Amanda Laugesen, Australian National University, Australia
- • Kilim Nam, Kyungpook National University, South Korea
- • Ana Ostroški Anić, Institute of Croatian Language and Linguistics, Croatia
- • Misa Otsuka, Jissen Women‘s Junior College, Japan
- • Franck Sajous, University of Toulouse 2, France
- • Danica Salazar, Oxford English Dictionary, UK
- • Ana Salgado, Academia das Ciências de Lisboa, Portugal
- • Michal Škrabal, Charles University, Czech Republic
- • Petra Storjohann, Leibniz-Institut für Deutsche Sprache, Germany
- • Lars Trap-Jensen, Society for Danish Language and Culture, Denmark
- • Anna Vacalopoulou, Institute for Language and Speech Processing / Athena, Greece
- • Jirapa Vitayapirak, Thailand
Previous Workshops and Publications
- • GWLN-1 was held in conjunction with DSNA 2019 (Bloomington, IN), on site and online. Most of the papers were published as a special issue of Dictionaries. Journal of the Dictionary Society of North America (2020, 41.1)
- • GWLN-2 was planned in conjunction with Euralex 2020 (Alexandropoulos), but due to the COVID-19 pandemic it was partially held online (November 2020) and as a special session at Euralex 2020 Online (2021). Selected papers were published as a special issue of International Journal of Lexicography (2021, 34.3]
- • GWLN-3 was held online in conjunction with Australex 2021, with a focus on Coronavirus-related neologisms. Most of the papers are now published in a volume of Lexicographica. Series Maior, also available in Open Access (2022, 163).
- • GWLN-4 was held onsite in conjunction with Euralex 2022 (Mannheim). The papers were published online as part of the conference proceedings.
Annette Klosa-Kückelhaus, Leibniz-Institut für Deutsche Sprache, Mannheim
Ilan Kernerman, K Dictionaries – Lexicala, Tel Aviv
Kilim Nam, Kyungpook National University, Daegu